About the job Smart Contract Engineer
About the company
Our client is building essential zk-rollup infrastructure for Ethereum. Their work is at the cutting edge of cryptography and blockchain technology.
They are building the first live oracle on StarkNet and the leading provider of robust data feeds to the ecosystem today. The network is powered by data partners that include Alameda Research, Jane Street, Gemini, CMT Digital, Flow Traders and more. Because they are entirely on-chain, protocols via our client's network one finally has access to data that is as verifiable, transparent and secure as the smart contracts themselves.
Our client is also pioneering computational feeds that combine its high-quality, real-time market data in novel ways entirely on-chain and verifiable by leveraging zero-knowledge computation. These advanced computational feeds will enable the next generation of DeFi protocols to go beyond what is possible today.
They recently raised a $7M seed round led by Variant and joined by ecosystem partners such as StarkWare and Sandeep Nailwal (Polygon), as well as a stellar group of investors such as Thomas Bailey (Road Capital), Marc Bhagarva (Tagomi), Luke Pearson (Polychain), Max Kleiman-Weiner (Sequoia), Tekin Salimi (DAO5), Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet) and Robert Leshner (Compound).
What You'll Do
- Develop secure contracts that make up our entirely on-chain architecture (Cairo & Solidity)
- Create both internal and public tooling that will help us and the ecosystem move faster
- Create smart contracts on the Ethereum L1 that bridge over critical data, such as Uniswap TWAP rates or Aave overnight rates (Solidity)
- Think from first principles to tackle challenges at the cutting edge of cryptography, smart contracts and data - prioritizing safety and robustness
- You have deployed smart contracts to mainnet before that have significant traction (in terms of usage and / or TVL and / or transaction volume)
- >3y of professional experience, ideally at a VC backed startup
- Please share your GitHub account, and if possible link to some of the smart contracts you've worked on
- Big bonus if you've experience with the Cairo programming language
- Be at the cutting edge of web3 and help build critical infrastructure for the future of Ethereum
- Learn together with a world-class team, and our friends at StarkWare and within the StarkNet ecosystem
- A fast-paced, no bullshit work environment that has high expectations and helps you achieve them
- Work on a project that is growing extremely quickly and has clear product-market fit in an existing market, while also pursuing moonshot opportunities to re-define trustless data fetching
- Above-market compensation and meaningful equity