React Frontend Developer - Remote
This role will be a critical part of the Hub International Application Development team that is creating custom solutions and integrations that support how we share our brand and serve our providers, clients, and employees. Responsibilities include providing technical direction, supporting custom development needs, developing integrations, and coordinating development activities over multiple resources and vendors. Additionally, this individual is responsible for implementing best practices and standard software architecture patterns. He/she must keep abreast of the latest development trends including development in the cloud, responsive UI design, application customization, and 3rd party integrations.
Core responsibilities for this position will be to design and develop front end solutions that address business problems, helping create coding standards and adoption patterns and principles used by the development team, serving as a strong developer who can help address needs of the business and development team, and helping push forward ideas on how to build for the future.
- Produce high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software.
- Participate in technical assessment, scoping, and management of changes to the code based on new business requirements, product enhancements and other change requests.
- Participate in architecture/design, development, and implementation of custom software solutions, refactoring legacy code, new feature development, and test coverage.
- Collaborate with the development team to produce high-quality, maintainable, and scalable software.
- Decompose technical architecture into distinct tasks that can be completed by other developers
- Maintain coding standards and participate in peer code reviews.
- Ensure architectural principals and coding standards are maintained across the code and project lifecycles.
- Stays current on modern technologies and innovations which can further enhance and improve Hub technical solutions and portal platforms.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written as well as help design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain those programs.
- Analyze requirements, collaborate with the architect, and lead to produce thoughtful software designs.
- Capable of leading and contributing to technical discussions.
Focus on the following areas of our tools and technologies:
- Experience in SPA/MPA web applications architecture and implementation
- Strong understanding of Agile (Scrum) practices.
- Source Control VSS, TFS, Git
- Interfaces between web / server-side components
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 7+ years of .relevant development experience
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with non-technical business owners.
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing business conditions.
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
- Willingness to grow and share his/her knowledge with others on the team.
- Experienced in cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and web standards.
- Good knowledge of coding practices and standards, including object-oriented design, code refactoring, and code documentation is required.
- Familiarity of design patterns, SDLC, and REST APIs.
- Capable of taking a project from inception to delivery
- This position reports into Chicago and can be based anywhere in the U.S.
Nice to Have:
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, BitBucket
- Prior experience with Amazon Cloud (AWS) / Azure, .NET, Python, Angular, VUE
Join a Winning Team at HUB International
When you join the team at HUB International, you become part of the 5th largest global insurance broker, providing a broad array of property, casualty, risk management, life and health, employee benefits, investment and wealth management products and services. Becoming a part of HUB means that you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced team environment supported by over 12,000 professionals in 450 offices across North America. You will be able to actively contribute to our track record of year over year growth fueled by innovative new products and services, mergers and acquisitions, and a great team of people. As part of our talent engine, you will exemplify our strong core values which drive our unique corporate culture. HUBs entrepreneurial spirit is evident in our people, products and philanthropic initiatives and we are passionate about our talent!
Department Information Technology
Required Experience: 7-10 years of relevant experience
Required Travel: No Travel Required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree (4-year degree)
Hi, were HUB.
In a rapidly changing world, we advise businesses and individuals on how to prepare for the unexpected.
When you partner with us, you're at the center of a vast network of experts who will help you reach your goals through risk services, claims management, and compliance support.
And this gives you the peace of mind that what matters most to you will be protected through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions that put you in control.
About HUB International
Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, HUB International Limited (HUB) is a leading full-service global insurance broker providing property and casualty, life and health, employee benefits, investment and risk management products and services. From offices located throughout North America, HUBs vast network of specialists provides peace of mind on what matters most by protecting clients through unrelenting advocacy and tailored insurance solutions. For more information, please visit hubinternational.com.