Business Analyst - Power BI and Analytics - Intermediate
Advotek Recruitment is sourcing a full-time Business Analyst with strong Business Intelligence, and Analytics with 3+ years of experience for our trusted client. This role is required on-site 5 days a week in the downtown Calgary office. The client is a leading provider of specialized oilfield services with headquarters in Calgary, Canada, and operations in the US and Argentina.
Our client has lots to offer with a starting salary up to 85K+, and up to 25% bonus! (was hit last year !)
Benefits start Day 1 and include Medical, Health, and Dental through Sunlife, 15 days PTO + December holiday week off, afternoons off on long weekends, and more!
They encourage Certifications and training with a budget in place, a great social atmosphere, and colleagues who care about your well being and career progression.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the Director of Information Technology and indirectly to the Team Lead, Business Intelligence and Data, the Business Analyst, Business Intelligence and Analytics will work with technical IT personnel and business analysts to provide data and analytics solutions to the company's business functions.
Duties include creating data-driven solutions, evaluating requirements, guiding data management, and preparing design reports. This is an outcome-focused role. The role will incorporate both hands-on solutions delivery, vendor management, and the ability to collaborate with business functions to design long-term data strategies. This role will provide actionable insights to the business through dashboards, reports and well-architected data solutions that collect, cleanse and curate our data for seamless access and high availability to the end user.
What you will be doing:
- Create, refine, and automate data processes to ensure information is collected and made available to the end user accurately, on time, and with minimal manual intervention.
- Retrieve, analyze, and convert data into information through visual representation of the data.
- Actively identify and implement opportunities for improvement of data analytics and data management.
- Identify opportunities, deficiencies, or gaps in data models within the organization and take ownership of the resolutions.
- Convert the data within operational data stores into consumable formats for business.
- Manage master data and data governance processes
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Certification in data platform/architecture, analytics, visualizations, or business intelligence for Oracle or Microsoft (Azure).
- A certificate in Data Governance or Data Management is an asset.
- Strong data modeling, data governance, data management, and schema design skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Must have experience using Power BI Pro at enterprise scale, with cloud and on-prem datasets. (Power BI cloud gateway, etc.)
- Experience with predictive analytics techniques and machine learning
- Ability to utilize data virtualization, and modern data manipulation/management patterns (eg: data lakes)
- Experience using Excel, SQL & NoSQL, XML and experience consuming REST API'S and working with JSON
- Experience with Azure Databricks
- Experience designing schema-on-read and schema-on-write data models.
- Experience working with structured data, semi-structured data, and unstructured data, including data manipulation and/or mining.
- Ability to create compelling data visualizations for decision-making.
- Ability to independently gather and formally document requirements from business stakeholders, document functional and technical specifications, and scope documents.
- Superior problem-solving skills, as demonstrated in recent work history.
- A highly energetic self-starter with a verifiable ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment while maintaining high attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience to create understanding.
- A high degree of business acumen and an ability to understand operational use cases · Superior organizational and time management skills.
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
AdvoTek Recruitment Inc and the clients we represent are equal-opportunity employers. We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, or expression. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.