Software Engineering Team Lead (.Net/C#)
Advotek Recruitment is sourcing a Software Engineering Team Lead to join one of our trusted clients, a substantial Global Engineering Organisation. Our client is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth, designing and delivering solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals in more than 140 countries.
WHY, WHY, WHY?
Our client encourages a healthy balance between life and work and has designed a compelling and competitive package to meet your needs. This includes:
- Remote Work
- A comprehensive benefits package starting day 1
- Generous vacation entitlements
- Flexible work schedules
- A dynamic and fun work environment
- Company Pension and RRSP Top Up!
- Multiple career tracks and professional development
What you will do:
As a Software Engineering Team Lead, you will provide leadership to several highly skilled developers and will be part of a team that follows Agile methodologies to deliver market-leading insurance solutions. You will work across a wide range of technologies to deliver complex commercial applications, and subsequently progressed into scrum master or people management positions.
This opportunity will also encompass many management dimensions such as project execution, stakeholder management, team engagement, recruitment, release management and continuous process improvement.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will:
- Be accountable for the development and release of SaaS services to high-quality standards and, in the context of a wider evolutionary product planning process, to mutually agreed timescales and software requirements. This will require the application and evolution of appropriate agile processes and effective team coordination and communication.
- Work with the Product Owner to define, refine and deliver the product backlog.
- Contribute to the delivery of features with hands-on development, following best practices for maintainability, testability and performance.
- Provide project troubleshooting support, lending technical and people skills to the team where appropriate to unblock project issues and recommend actions that will reduce the likelihood of recurrence.
- Coach and mentor your team, fostering a collaborative and quality-focused engineering culture.
- Be responsible for developing, and retaining high-calibre software engineers, identifying training requirements and growing the capabilities of the team.
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- 10+ years experience in an engineering role, with at least 5 years in C#.
- Great problem solver - who can think through problems and develop solutions quickly
- Experience leading a multi-disciplinary Scrum team, delivering complex and maintainable commercial solutions.
- Practical experience with the full software development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment: requirements capture and analysis, estimation, architecture and design, implementation, unit and system-level testing, installation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Excellent practical appreciation and understanding of software engineering principles and design characteristics enabling the implementation of software.
- An advocate for design patterns in software, Proficient in software development using C# .NET.
Other highly desirable, but not essential skills are:
- Experience with Azure, Cloud and SaaS technologies,
- Appreciation of current and emerging technologies along with their potential benefits and limitations,
- General knowledge of the Insurance Industry
Awareness. Unity. Empowerment.
AdvoTek Recruitment Inc and the clients we represent are equal opportunity employers. We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. We value diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, or expression. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.