Finance Manager / Division Controller - Denver
This position is for 4CG Construction, a sister division to 4Creeks, Inc.
- The Finance Manager in coordination with the CFO shall keep and maintain, or cause to be kept and maintained, adequate and correct books and records of accounts of the properties and business transactions of the Corporation, including accounts of its assets, liabilities, receipts, disbursements, gains, losses, capital, retained earnings, and shares.
- Oversee/manage strategic planning (with Board and Executive Team).
- The Finance Director shall be responsible for the overall daily management and finance of the company under the supervision of the CFO.
- Oversee/manage divisional books/accounts
- Prepare/provide financial reports (W/M/Y)
- Tax accounting in conjunction with corporate accountant, including corporate tax payments
- Journal entries
- Budget (in conjunction with COO)
- Reconciliation of accounts
- Oversee/manage A/R process beginning to end
- Utilizes financial systems to facilitate billing and payment of subcontractors
- Performs review and analysis of monthly outstanding unbilled account balances
- Prepares client invoices for contracts for projects of basic to high complexity, including verifying contract terms, collating invoice packages, filing and retention of invoice documentation
- Monthly job forecast completion and sync with financial systems
- Monthly WIP creation and adjustments
- Creation of SOV for both the client and subcontractors in financial system
- Creation of budget and WBS per company policies and standards
- Act as CFO of project with working knowledge of revenue, cost, commitments, reporting and cash flow
- Manage and issue subcontracts and vendor contracts for large material purchases including change orders
- Responsible for all project insurance and bonding requirements and facilitation
- Follows prescribed project setup in all systems and translates setup into the financial system(s)
- Closes out completed projects in accordance with the firm's policies and procedures
- Research tax requirements for project location and administer, audit for compliance
- Tracks and coordinates completion of required compliance items both internally and externally
- Owns lien waiver management for projects
- Coach and mentor staff to accomplish department, functional and personal development goals
- Oversee/manage employee reviews in coordination with COO
- Oversee/manage hiring/firing of employees in coordination with COO
- Corporate travel policy and management
- Project Accounting
- Company Admin. staff
- 10+ years of construction or engineering industry experience in corporate finance or financial management of a corporation with $10+MM in yearly revenue.
- Bachelors degree or in Finance, Accounting, Business or industry experience equivalent MBA Preferred
- Computer skills and efficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite advanced excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary will range from $100,000 - $140,000 per year dependent on candidates skill and experience level. Benefits package includes full employee health coverage (50% coverage for dependents), company 401(k) contribution, and performance bonuses.
We are not your typical design- build construction company. We are passionate about helping our clients vision come to life and ensure that our employees have what they need to succeed. In everything we do, we apply creative vision, technical expertise, and local experience to address complex construction challenges in new and better ways. 4CG is collaborative, innovative and family-oriented. We have built a culture of self-starters who are motivated to help the Central Valley grow.
The Other Stuff
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, apply range of motion within hands and fingers, including sensitivity to touch, and use a computer. The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This position may require occasional field work which requires the ability to work outdoors in a wide variety of weather and terrain conditions.
Whew! You read the whole thing? You're impressive. Still have questions? Feel free to reach out to email@example.com for clarity.
100,000.00 - 140,000.00 ()